GPS VEHICLE TRACKING SYSTEM
A vehicle tracking system combines the use of automatic vehicle location in individual vehicles with software that collects this fleet data for a comprehensive picture of vehicle locations. Modern vehicle tracking systems commonly use GPS or GLONASS technology for locating vehicles, but other types of automatic vehicle location technology can also be used. Vehicle information can be viewed on electronic maps via the Internet or specialized software. Urban public transit authorities are an increasingly common user of vehicle tracking systems, particularly in large cities.
GPS TRACKING DEVICE
A GPS tracking unit is a device, normally carried by a moving vehicle or person, that uses the Global Positioning System to determine and track its precise location, and hence that of its carrier, at intervals. The recorded location data can be stored within the tracking unit, or it may be transmitted to a central location database, or Internet -connected computer, using a cellular (GPRS or SMS), radio, or satellite modem embedded in the unit. This allows the asset’s location to be displayed against a map backdrop either in real time or when analyzing the track later, using a GPS tracking software.
GPS TRACKING SERVER
The tracking server has three responsibilities: receiving data from the GPS tracking unit, securely storing it, and presenting this information on demand to the user.Many modern vehicle tracking devices combine both active and passive tracking abilities: when a cellular network is available and a tracking device is connected, it transmits data to a server; when a network is not available the device stores data in internal memory and will transmit stored data to the server later when the network becomes available again.
This is a user interface that presents data collected by the GPS Tracker to users in several formats including maps and reports. A vehicle tracking system combines the use of auto vehicle location in individual vehicles with software that collects these fleet data for a comprehensive picture of vehicle locations. Modern vehicle tracking systems commonly use GPS or GLONASS technology for locating the vehicle, but other types of automatic vehicle location technology can also be used. Vehicle information can be viewed on electronic map via the Internet or specialized software.
GPS SPEED LIMITER
Designed for car speed limitation, it can work in all types of vehicles,It does not require a wire connection with the accelerator and it will not bring any damage to the cars. The device does not stop a vehicle suddenly,it does not require a complicated setting, all you need is just to send an SMS command. It supports speed data exporting by exporting the history report in the SD card. With the GPS tracking feature, it can you better protection for your car.The speed limiter is highly recommended for fleet and logistic companies, car rental services, private car tracking and car security.
- When the car is speeding, the driver will get notification by voice prompt from the speed limiter and he/she can reduce the speed of the vehicle. If this can not be done in 15 sec, speed limitation starts.
- Speed limit value can be set by SMS command
- Speed governor provides data storing features.
- It stores the speeding data and car status automatically to the SD card.
- This report will tell you the details of the vehicle, which includes driver’s name, car‘s info, car status, speed, the times of speeding etc.
- In case of an accident, data collected helps with discovering the responsible party. .
This technology is used in different scenarios namely:
- Stolen vehicle recovery: Both consumer and commercial vehicles can be outfitted with GPS units to allow police to do tracking and recovery.
- Fleet management: When managing a fleet of vehicles, knowing the real-time location of all drivers allows management to meet customer needs more efficiently. Whether it is delivery, service or other multi-vehicle enterprises, drivers now only need a mobile phone with telephony or Internet connection to be inexpensively tracked by and dispatched efficiently.
- Field service management: Companies with a field service workforce for services such as repair or maintenance, must be able to plan field workers’ time, schedule subsequent customer visits and be able to operate these departments efficiently.
- Vehicle tracking allows companies to quickly locate a field engineer and dispatch the closest one to meet a new customer request or provide site arrival information.
- Asset tracking: Companies needing to track valuable assets for insurance or other monitoring purposes can now plot the real-time asset location on a map and closely monitor movement and operating status.
- Field sales: Mobile sales professionals can access real-time locations. For example, in unfamiliar areas, they can locate themselves as well as customers and prospects, get driving directions and add nearby last-minute appointments to itineraries. Benefits include increased productivity, reduced driving time and increased time spent with customers and prospects.
- Surveillance: A tracker may be placed on a vehicle to follow the vehicle’s movements.
- Trailer tracking: Haulage and Logistics companies often operate lorries with detachable load carrying units. The part of the vehicle that drives the load is known as the cab and the load carrying unit is known as the trailer. There are different types of trailer used for different applications, e.g., flat bed, refrigerated, curtain sider, box container, and administrators can track the goods in these special containment units.
- Transit tracking: temporary tracking of assets or cargoes from one point to another. Users will ensure that the assets do not stop on route or do a U-Turn in order to ensure the security of the assets.
- Fuel Monitoring: monitor the fuel through tracking device (with help of fuel sensor connected to the device).
- Distance Calculation: calculate the distance traveled by the fleet.
39 Isheri Road Oak Plaza, Ogba-Aguda, lagos. Nigeria.
(+234) 7038621740 / (+234) 8077412343